Re: Fedora Core 5 Test Update: kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5

David Nielsen wrote:
man, 11 09 2006 kl. 19:27 -0500, skrev Jay Cliburn:
David Nielsen wrote:

which is currently breaking cpu scaling for me on Development
Hmmm... I have an AMD64x2 3800+ that scales up to 2 GHz just fine under the current rawhide kernel.

Very odd, I and a few others are seeing this, maybe something is loading
wrong modules on certain machines. I had to manually recompile the
kernel to make it stop locking it at the lowest setting (although I
managed to kill scaling as well but I'll take broken scaling at 2.2GHz
over broken scaling at 1GHz)

Odd indeed... Let me go kick the kids off (it's their game machine) and boot to Fedora. What's a good way to peg the cpus long enough to get cat /proc/cpuinfo to show the elevated frequency?