Re: Impossible to eject dvd?

Hi Michal,

On 09/09/06, Michal Jaegermann <michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It should be enough to uncheck in preferences a box which
controls mounting of removable media.
I know about that box, also not sure if services like automount are related.

Using the same terminal window you could use gnome-umount
I'll give it a try :)

BTW: what means:
$ gnome-umount --display-settings --device /dev/hda1...
Displaying settings for volume (overrides drive settings)....
There are no settings; you can use --write-settings

Is there GUI?

and you do not have to be root for that;
Well when for e.g. eject doesn't work, usually only umount as root
helps I'm not sure if root was needed, rather was using the account
for other checks like fstab.

I guess it's different also if I had the cd/dvd in the drive before gnome.

 but it would be
more interesting to know why you are having trouble.
It is possible that something makes a mount point "busy"
Exactly, but it's hard to say, I'll have to check again possibly when
usign some of the media players etc.

only it is hard to guess what that may be if you are not
telling.

Cheers,
Filip