Re: Removing unwanted xorg-x11-drv packages

Steven Haigh wrote:
Just playing with a new system install from FC5 (currently updating to rawhide), and I noticed there's a lot of xorg-x11-drivers that I don't require... is there a way to remove these? as if I just try, say, "rpm -e xorg-x11-drv-vmware" then it says that it can't be removed because it's required by xorg-x11-drivers.

The first thing I thought of was to try --force, but then I remembered that --force only works for install and upgrades of packages.

Is this possible in FC?

--Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9017 0597 - 0412 935 897

--fedora-test-list mailing list
fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx
This behavior is by design IRC. The thinking is that it's better to have all the drivers you need on the system just in case you happen to change out you video card. Also, the footprint of these packages is small.

Demond