Re: FC5 and Xorg 7.1 Current Status?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 15:46 -0500, Marc Schwartz wrote:
Hi all,

Just curious on the current status of Xorg 7.1 for FC5.

There are various posts on various forums suggesting that it is "in the
works" without a defined time frame, though comments from Mike Harris
last month on FCP implying a desire to do it sooner than later.

Now that nVidia has released a new driver version today (8774) which
supports 7.1, it would be nice to test the functionality available for
the 'bling'.

the board has decided that 7.1 was not appropriate for FC5.

I doubt that that was based on Nvidia not having done something, so I
also doubt that that decision will change based on Nvidia doing
something else now....

The question I could never get an answer on was just how much needed to be rebuilt to make it work. I expect more than people wanted to admit. I could see the screaming if 7.1 needed to have new gtk and qt and kde and on and on...

Aren't library dependancies fun?

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink