Re: rawhide report: 20060714 indent scriptlet error

Tom Brinkman wrote:
On 16 8:54:S, Jim Cornette wrote:

Also, there appears to be a problem with the newer kernels
reporting the right process ID numbers with these later kernels.
Maybe this problem is causing nash to consume all the cpu time
when updating the kernels. In any case, holding off on the kernel
updates is probably best until the kernel problem is pinpointed
and time allows for the corrections to be made. About updating
the kernel, I do not do large updates any longer if there is a
new kernel. I wait for the other programs to be applied and then
go through a smaller update for the kernel. Once bitten twice
shy.

Jim

Yes, that's what I've decided for updates with a new kernel, do the kernel separately, and I have for the last two. Just now I checked for updates an there were 17, no kernel. 'yum update' was successful, except for....

  Updating  : indent             ####################### [13/34]
install-info: /usr/share/info/indent.info.gz: empty file
error: %post(indent-2.2.9-13.fc6.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 .... and there was no 'Cleanup' statement for indent

  Then running the script to chk for dups.....

 # yumdups
Duplicates were found:
indent-2.2.9-12.3.1
indent-2.2.9-13.fc6

That is the trouble with %post scriptlet failures. %post leaves trails and %pre only goes up to where it fails and does not install the rpm.

I avoided indent, m4, kdebase, gnome-vfs2 and a few other packages where there are dependency errors. It's good that you noticed the failure with indent and the scriptlet. Is there a bug report filed against this package?

Jim
--
Some people live life in the fast lane.  You're in oncoming traffic.