Re: interesting problem

Hi Glenn,
I cant answer to you question, but i just know download over 2go is impossible with lynx or ftp. But just use wget, and t will work (see "man wget") It is a usefull tool !
:)

Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when you open Windows !"

glenn wrote:
As mentioned earlier, I decided to suck Knoppix 5.0 to a DVD. I found on a Knoppix mirror (ftp.kernel.org/pub/dist/knoppix/knoppix-dvd) the distro (4243030 KB in size).

A couple of hours ago, I started a suck via the HTTP button. But noticed that it showed the target size would be 2 GB :-( I let it continue, BUT, when I had rcvd 2 GB, it terminated :-(

So I went back to the size and used the ftp but and that is were I got the above info from. Again I started the download, only to find it was also going to be 2 GB :-(

Now I am using FC4 as an environment. Strange. It is as though the file transfer system doesn't support above 2 GB.

Any comment?