Re: rpm problem

Paul wrote:
Hi,

For some reason best known only to my computer, rpm seems to have died
the death.

When I try to install something all I get it that libelf is missing.
I've downloaded the rpms from the fedora ftp site, but can't seem to
open them with archive manager.

How can I extract the wholesome goodness from the rpms to repair this
problem (I'm just going to pop the libs into whereever they should be
and run ldconfig)?

TTFN

Paul

mc (Midnight Commander) is capable to dive into rpms. Once you locate the library, you cn copy it to where you want to using mc.

One way anyway,
Jim

--
If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he
does!

   -- From a Slashdot.org post