Re: XFCE4.4

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
"Robin" == Robin Holt <holt@xxxxxxx> writes:

Robin> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:20:38AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
ok. I also have some early 4.4beta1 rpms for devel... and I should
have some more polished ones for beta2 when it comes out. Perhaps
you would like to assist testing those down the road?

Robin> Can you build the 4.4beta1 rpms as you would expect them to be
Robin> if they went into rawhide today, place them in your "people"
Robin> directory and make a repo of them.  Those of us that would like
Robin> to test out XFCE4.4 can the add that repo and you would no
Robin> longer need to fear the FC6 release goes out without an
Robin> officially released XFCE.

Yeah, I was intending to do something like that.
Note that I don't have a "people" directory, since I don't work for
redhat (Xfce is in extras. ;)
I will see about setting up a repo here later tonight with the beta1
packages I have now. testing appreciated. Would devel/fc6 be
sufficent? Or would folks like fc5 versions as well?

Kevin, I'm only concerned with devel, FWIW. And let us know if a repo server for this special xfce4.4 test is an issue. I suspect we can solve that one fairly easily.

-pmr