Re: kde 3.5.3: well done!!

[ snig ]

A significant investment has already been put into GNOME, and it remains the
preferred desktop environment for Fedora Core.

I must admit, something about Gnome just says "commerical client
desktop environment"

Everyone has a different
opinion about desktop environments, and there are many Fedora users,
including myself, who prefer KDE, but it is not a clear majority.

Would be nice if an official poll was conducted...would satisfy my
curiousity at least...i think.

GNOME will
remain the default environment for Fedora Core, and KDE will continue to be
an install-time option. Through Fedora Core 6, KDE will remain in Fedora
Core.  We're hoping to move it to Extras for Fedora Core 7.  Once there, we
hope to make it available on a separate disc so that users may choose whether
to download GNOME or KDE and can choose either one by taking advantage of
planned improvements in Anaconda, the Fedora Core installer.

Would be nice if there was a cd for XFCE...but that is of little to no
priority I suppose.

We hope that
KDE will see better care in Extras, where the community can more easily work
on it, than it currently gets in Core.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KDE
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnleashKDE
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/KDE