Re: Text is missing

Sander Hoentjen wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 10:05 +0200, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 08:07 +0200, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 20:09 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

I am running xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.0-1 from development and there are
no refresh problems with a ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1 video card.

Is this a problem with updates-testing packages?

Jim

No, it was with rawhide, and it was yesterday, so I guess I must have
hit an out of date repo. I will try the newer RPM and report back if I
continue to have problems.
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.0-2 gives the some problem. I am using the
nvidia driver. As soon as I have some time I will try with the nv driver
as well to see if that changes anything (But I don't think that one
supports 2 cards together, or does it?)

2 things:
1) using the nv driver fixes the text problem. Jim, do you also use the
nvidia driver?

No, I use a radeon video card on this laptop.

I read in the later posting that the binary driver from Nvidia is busted right now.

Jim

2) I must be crazy because i could never get my two screens working with
the nv driver, and now i had no problems

--
The part of the world that people find most puzzling is the part called "Me".