Re: kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 02:51 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:

My question is, will it be possible to find a mid-route, which combines
the shortest possible vulnerability period with a minimal risk of having
DOA machines?

What do you think is the "mid-route" for time critical security fixes?

How about a core team of volunteers that yum updates off a private repo several hours before it goes public?

The classic solution would be a small farm of automated test machines, but I imagine that's a bit too resource intensive for the project right now.

---
John