Re: kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

Extra note:

The scary thing is that yum now seems to delete the second to last kernel so we could end up with a new kernel that is (possibly) no better, the current kernel that is borked and deleting the kernel that works.

If you know how to stop the deletion of the second to last kernel please let me know

On 5/4/06, Mark Bradbury < mark.bradbury@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/4/06, pribyl@xxxxxxxxxxx < pribyl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 3 May 2006, Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>
> i have problem similar problems with 2107_FC5 (smp) also. removing rhgb/quiet
> gets me past the graphical boot hang (which i don't have with 2096).
>
> however, I then have problem where browser running on the machine can't
> connected to (apache) httpd running on the same machine ... as well as the
> problem with cups printing.
>
> dropping back to 2096 and standard graphical boot works, no problem with
> browser getting response from httpd and no problem with printing.

I can confirm users complaining about problems with http and php running
on this kernel. There is something really strange around...

Adam Pribyl

I too can confirm
On the graphical boot hitting <ctrl><backspace> brings up the console boot up

But when logged in http to by vdradmin (localhost:8001) sits there for ever reboot to old kernel and everything is right again
.