Re: More adventures with FC5

On 27.04.2006 20:17, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

Omen.com is now running

without a firewall.
$ nmap  omen.com
shame on you

FC5 on a Celeron 2000.

wrong list.

I had to set the motherboard to legacy IDE mode as
FC5 simply couldn't hack the advanced mode where
all the drives are accessible.  Mixed IDE and SATA
is Windows country.

no problem here

I never got Linux to run on my Intel based office system.

no intel poblem here on at least
10 servers (proxy, router, firewall, ...)
80 clients
20 notebooks

So I sold the motherboard and got an AMD based motherboard.
After some shuffling of drives I was able to load either
FC5 or Opensuse 64 bit. AMD is Linux country.

and intel, ppc, ...

During this adventure the Windows partition on my office system had become unbootable. I ran Windows Rescue and
ran the boot repair programs.  This resulted in a partition
talble the the FC5 installer refused to read.  Suse could
read it but it was somewhat garlbed and installation was
impossible.  Insert Live Linux was able to read and write it
without difficulty.  Eventually I used the FC5 installer
to nuke the partition table and things have been peaceful
since.

no problem here, at least 20 dualboot-systems
i personally need no m$-windows

once again
current  fc5    https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list

ciao