Re: Beagle 'firefox extension' broke

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 pribyl@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Benjy Grogan wrote:

PS: I was under the impression that if I updated Firefox while Firefox
was running in userspace, that a kill signal would be sent to Firefox
but this never happened.  Only when I exited Firefox and restarted it
did v.1.5.0.2 load.

IMHO: None of user apps is killed on update. Only deamons are usually restarted. Do you think killing KDE on its update is wise thing? Or forcing reset after kernel update? :)

Update should not broke any part of application because it is runing. The only thing that could be broken is new package itself.

At least Firefox and Mozilla do break regularly in various strange ways when updated while running requiring a restart.

	- Panu -