Re: Mock chroot question

John Morris wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 03:29, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

Caveat: the chroot rpm database doesn't seem to play nice with the chroot rpm command [ different db version? ] What can I do to fix this issue - I want to update my chroot rpms, and install new ones [ like yum, and vi ].

After the initial load, from the top of the chroot do:

rm -f ./var/lib/rpm/__db.*
setarch i386 /usr/sbin/chroot . rpm --rebuilddb

>From that point on use the yum/rpm command inside the chroot to
manipulate packages.
Thank you, this solves the problem. I also had to copy over the selinux policy/file_contexts, otherwise rpm would fail in setxattr* (with undocumented EINVAL).