please : how does the automount work ?

I need to disable automount during an operation, and restart it after this operation. But i would like it automaticaly.
Does anyone know how automount work, for i try to make my stuff ?

(the problem comes using GParted to create partition on usb box. When creating the new partition is immediatly mounted , so i get an error. If i disable the automount manually , it works ; but i would like to know how to make this automaticaly, adding code in GParted soft)

thx :)
--
Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when you open Windows !" :-p