Re: FC5 isn't working on laptop

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Andrew Mackey wrote:

Hi All!

I have tried installing FC5 x64 on my Turion 64 laptop.  FC5 successfully
installs without any problems.  It then goes for the first initial startup
and everything works fine.  It then asks for you to finish setting up the
laptop by entering a user in, testing the sound, etc.  Well, after you
finish that, the laptop goes to a black screen and is non-responsive.  I was
unable to do anything.  I tried seeing if it was just the video by pressing
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE and even tried going to another terminal by pressing
CTRL-ALT-F1 thru F7.  Nothing.  Is there something more that I need to be
doing?

Boot to init 3 (console only) and test further.

Thanks!
Andrew Mackey
amackey [at] netidex.com

Adam Pribyl