Re: libswt3 cannot be opened during FC5 installation

Fulko Hew wrote:
Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 20:06 -0500, Fulko Hew wrote:

I just tried installing FC5 from DVD...

After a few minutes of installation, I get a
pop-up that says:

"The file libswt3-gtk2-3.1.2-1jpp_13fc.i386.rpm
cannot be opened.
If you have another machine, can you find the file on the CD and copy to hard disk succesfully ?

This is due to a missing file
or perhaps a corrupt package.  If you are
installing from CD media this usually means
the CD media is corrupt, or the CD drive is
unable to read the media."
Was the DVD .iso file used to create the dvd checked:
$ sha1sum FC-5-i386-DVD.iso
and compared to SHA1SUM from the downloads site ?
You never specified if you tested the media you are installing off of.
Likely a media error.

When I originally burned the media this morning, I did.
It compared.

Now that I'm trying to install  (3 times)
and I've had an errors (in different spots) each time.
For a giggle: copy the whole contents of the DVD to a hard disk: does it succeed, or is there errors during the copy ? Or even times when the dvd drive seems to seek unnecessarily back and forth ?

So I tried the media test, and it fails.
But I don't know if the 'media test' works again,
because it hasn't for a number of releases now.  :-(
Someone recently gave a method to sha1sum the created dvd (on another machine), but there was some option you need to give to allow it to succeed. It might have been part of a bugzilla comment !

I'm going to burn a new DVD, and try again.
Any success this time ?
DaveT.