Re: Help Needed: TEST FC5 KERNELS!

Peter Jones skrev:
On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 10:12 -0800, Alain Mellan wrote:
That's really weird -- video state on resume from hibernate should be
*exactly* the same as if you'd just rebooted.  We're not fiddling with
it, and the machine _is_ doing a cold boot.
Yes. In some cases, the server starts, but the video is not
initialized properly. Window redrawingis not done properly.

"the server starts" meaning what?  The X server?  Or are you saying
sometimes video is messed up when you power on the machine, regardless
of hibernate?

 I added
chvt/fgconsole in /etc/pm/functions-intel, it does a bit better,

I wouldn't expect this to make any difference at all -- we're already
switching VTs to an unalocated one before suspend (or hibernate), and
switching back after resume.

So when it does "a bit better", what exactly are you seeing that happens
differently?

Are you using intelfb, or just the normal text mode?
How do I tell, and how do I switch between them?
Anyhow, what's happening in whatever mode I am using is that /usr/sbin/vbetool post
never terminates.

Regards
Uno Engborg