Re: Strange display bug in FC5 Test 3

Rudi Chiarito wrote:
On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 11:37:49PM +0100, Stelian Iancu wrote:
Hmm ... I don't know what to say. I don't have any problems with the progress bars. The only problem is with that red thing on the upper panel. And even that doesn't happen always. And it also happens with the current rawhide.

For what it's worth, I have seen for years something similar across the
whole top panel, when switching from a text console to X or when
resuming after a suspend. It lasts for a fraction of a second, though,
until the display gets refreshed.

That's on a R128 laptop, with a "vga" console. My guess would be that
some video memory gets shared/reused, but I am not sure by whom and how
exactly.

Indeed, seems a refresh problem. If, for example, I change the size of the panel, everything is ok for a while.

Anyway, I am not resuming from a suspend (in fact, I didn't even try to suspend this laptop yet) nor switching from a text console to X.

S.