Re: FC5T3 Suspend/Resume Fails

Miles Lane wrote:
On 3/4/06, Gregory Gulik <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 I don't believe the NVIDIA closed source driver is suspend compatible.  I
too had the same trouble and I switched to the open source nv driver and on
2 out of 3 of my NVIDIA based systems it worked perfectly and suspend/resume
now works, mostly.

 Clayton Rogers wrote:
Hi,

 I have a Toshiba Tecra A4 with an Nvidia video card and the nvidia driver
installed.  I'm able to shut the lid and suspend the laptop which works
great.  However, when I open the lid to resume everything it "seems" to
startup ok except I don't get any video.
 Is there any options I can configure with the new power management software
to rmmod nvidia and modprobe nvidia?
 (I believe this is what the problem is)

Well, resume fails for me on my laptop with an Intel 82852/855GM
Integrated Graphics Device.  The screen remains black and the only
button that gets a response is the power button.

Miles

I have the same problem on my Thinkpad R50e with the same chip.
I can ssh into it  though, and everything else seam to be running.

Regards
Uno Engborg