Re: FC5T3 Suspend/Resume Fails

Clayton Rogers wrote:
I have a Toshiba Tecra A4 with an Nvidia video card and the nvidia driver installed. I'm able to shut the lid and suspend the laptop which works great.
The proof of the pudding within suspend/resume is the resume !

However, when I open the lid to resume everything it "seems" to startup ok except I don't get any video.
On my ATI based HP nx9000, suspend shuts down the machine (by default on lid close). Opening lid causes the power to turn on + fan, but no vision, nor does it appear to access the hard disk.

Is there any options I can configure with the new power management software to rmmod nvidia and modprobe nvidia?
Would you be able to test if the suspend / resume process works properly using the nv open driver ? You'll probably get more help here if you are using the open driver (for now) !

(I believe this is what the problem is)
Do you get hard disk activity ?
Is the network card lights on ?
Can you ssh / ping the machine from another after the attempted resume ?

DaveT.