Re: Kernels being uninstalled automatically

Jeff Vian wrote:

I just noticed that when I do an update that includes a kernel the 2nd
older kernel is uninstalled.

For example, right now the new one being installed is 1996 and the one
it is replacing is 1977.  The update is uninstalling the 1969 kernel for
me.

Is that deliberate?
I assume so, but want to be able to NOT have it happen if I choose to
keep the older kernels for whatever reason.

Its deliberate. Done by the installonlyn yum plugin. You can disable or configure it using /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf. This is now documented in the package notes section in the release notes. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/PackageNotes

--
Rahul