Re: Firewall settings

George Hill wrote:

When you enable a firewall using
system-config-securitylevel and open <Trusted
Services> and/or <Other Ports>, when you disable the
firewall and re-enable it the settings that you
previously specified are lost. I do not believe that
this behavior is desirable: I think it would be better
for the settings to be saved. That way you could turn
off the firewall for testing and turn it back on
without having to respecify the ports that you want
open. Thoughts?

A testing mode can be request as a RFE against system-config-securitylevel in http://bugzilla.redhat.com. I think it would be a pretty low priority task without patches.

--
Rahul