Re: gnome-power-manager-2.13.92-1

Don Springall wrote:
After today's update and the last version I no longer see where one sets at what percent your battery goes to critical. It is no longer off the power manager icon preferences or in the preferences under menu more preferences - power management. Is this a feature or a bug ?

Also the preferences dialog off right clicking the power manager icon is the same as the menu power management. Do we need two ways to set this ?

I dislike the removal of the menu for choosing suspend or hibernate. (old issue, no major distraction). I do like the current layout for AC power, battery power and options over the previous layout.. I like the slide controls though pulldown menu choices are fine.

Putting back suspend/hibernate in the applet and removing the suspend choice from the system menu would be better in my view.

BTW - the battery applet is still available as a choice. I use the battery applet also.

Thanks for mentioning the change to g-p-manager. I had some settings set that might cause my computer to go into suspend. I would rather have the computer warn, then power off if the battery charge condition became critical. When suspend works better for more users, suspend would probably be a better default. Having more selectivity is always better to cover more real world conditions.

Jim

--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).