Re: Exception During Install FC5t3

Leon Stringer wrote:
Anaconda then said "Starting install process. This may take several
minutes..." and I then got an Exception Occurred message which I've
attempted to reproduce below.

Looking at the exception I feel I should also mention that I selected
not to use the NIC it detected (because the NIC I want to use (WiFi)
wasn't detected).

Leon...
---
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1253, in handleRenderCallback
  self.currentWindow.renderCallback()
snip 200 lines of exception
    int.ppw.ics.cw.id.keyboard: Keyboard instance, containing members:

... I'm giving up typing now. If we're going to have exceptions this big
we need a way to transfer them off the affected computer...
Were you using GUI install ?
For an earlier problem (different nature), I'm pretty sure I got a three button dialog to the effect "exception, the install will stop and the pc will be restarted. Buttons being reboot, view exception trace and save to disk. Did yours ?

I typed what seemed like relevant bits out of mine out because the machine did not have a floppy disk, but on a different machine the save to disk (floppy) worked fine.

It is also possible to Ctrl-Alt-F2 to switch to a command prompt. Depending on the issue, you may be able to write the installer log and exception trace to a different disk, or usb flash disk etc ?

You might also run top, to get an idea of which processes were running (consuming most ram/cpu). The last couple of messages on both alt-F3 and alt-F4 terminals are quite helpful as well, since they indicate which step the installer is up to.

DaveT.