Re: FC5T3: Why only so few screensavers available to choose in in KDE?

On 02/25/2006 02:07 PM, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
On 2/25/06, Dariusz J. Garbowski <thuforuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

For some reason I can see only very limited number of screensavers (21
in total) in KDE Control Center -> Appearance & Themes -> Screen Saver
panel. I know there are plenty more installed since choosing "Random"
option will result in screensaver I cannot choose manually. Worse yet,
half of the available ones are OpenGL (10) that do not seem to work on
my hardware :( I have a full list on FC3 box but not on FC5t3...

Is this supoosed to be this way? Why?

Not real sure why your listing is shorter but I do know that if you
choose "random" screen saver all the files located in the xscreensaver
directory will be used, randomly, even if they are not listed as
"choosable."

Exactly! They show up at "Random" setting but I cannot select them if I wanted particular one.

Dariusz

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com