Re: "install everything" and @everything dumped

Hi

- Not having a desktop where customization and completely stupid ideas. (gss and nautilus browsing behavior) are pushed into the desktop to spite user feedback to the contrary. (GNOME)

What does this have to do with a everything installation?. If you have request for enhancements to gss and nautilus browsing behavior, file them

Metacity even cut out the windows managing feature. This is base for what the program is supposed to accomplish in the first place. Simplicity is not the answer.

Not sure what you refer to as the windows managing feature. Last time I checked they were moving towards the direction of adding more window management option with features like edge resistance. Again unsure how this relates to everything installation.

Upstream co-operation with project goals and usability and customizability are better served with divergence from upstream.

Diverging from upstream solution is a long term maintenance issue. We need to be careful about that.

--
Rahul