Re: can't get beagle to index simple text files

Hi

I have the same updates installed, have specified autostart which now
works, and have requested indexing of my home directory and /.  If I
search for "fedora", I get a lot of "Conversation" entries, and a few
mail attachment "Documents", but no hint of any files that have "fedora"
in the name.  Locate of course finds tens of these.

The results of the du command for me are:
[gerry@fc5t3 ~]$ du -sh .beagle/
4.4M    .beagle/

Why am I not finding these files with the GUI Search tool?

I did file a bug, #182191, but it was closed RAWHIDE by Matthias Clasen
(mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx) on 2006-02-21 15:18 EST.  I have the latest update,
and the above is still the case.  Should I reopen the bug?

Thanks.
Gerry

I guess you should reopen the bug and provide more information. Session logs and example data could be useful.

--
Rahul