Re: Booting from USB DVD broken? (FC5T3)

Josh wrote:
Hello Jim,

I had problems with FC5T3 installation from external USB DVDRW drive {"FC5T3 terse install report with one install bug?).

I was able to boot the FC5T4 CD1 (seem to take forever) but anaconda segfaults during second stage of installation (after media check..)

I later installed it using an internal drive.

Thanks for filing the bug report.

Josh

Thanks for the confirmation Josh and also Dave. I settled with re-installing FC5T2 on the computer which installs FC5T2 fine. The computers I am trying to install on are pretty small single board computers and stringing an IDE cable to an internal DVD recorder/player is highly impractical. It is good knowledge that using an internal DVD reader/recorder works. This pretty much narrows down the problem to USB DVD-RW drives.

I could not believe that using the USB drive checked the media successfully but bombed shortly into th installation.

Jim

--
"One lawyer can steal more than a hundred men with guns."
-- The Godfather