Following upgrade of FC5 with T3 device mapper failure during boot

I just tried an upgrade from T2 to the T3 release. I was running Fedora in VMWare (the VM community released version) on a WinXP host. The upgrade went smoothly however upon rebooting to the newly upgraded version I am greeted with a panic. The pertinent information that I can see at this point are in the following lines.

No volume groups found
Unable to find volgroup "VolGroup00"
unable to access resume device (dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)

Any other info that might be useful I will be happy to supply. Also, any help with fixing this would be much appreciated, the install was looooong and I hate to think I lost all that time :)

Thanks,
Glen