Re: X trouble with Intel 82810E DC-133 graphics chipset in FC5T2

Willem Riede wrote:
On 01/22/2006 11:58:52 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:53:35PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 18:54 -0500, Willem Riede wrote: > > I tried to upgrade an oldish Dell Optiplex GX110 that's now running FC3
 > > to FC5T2, and this is how far I got:
 > [snip] > > Known problem? Should I bugzilla? Provide more information?
> > It looks like this is probably due to agpgart going away from the i586 > kernel (which is used as the CD kernel). Can you file a bug against the
 > kernel asking for it to be re-added as it's needed for this reason?

I missed the original post. I assume this is some shared-mem video problem?
Anyway, I just re-added it.

I'm happy to report that this problem no longer exists in FC5T3, however, this PC now reproducibly locks up hard after several mintus of "Starting Install Process". Nothing on screen to indicate what happened. The old FC3 stll boots. Anaconda had created install.log and install.log.syslog, but both files are empty.

Regards, Willem Riede.

I'm still downloading the DVD. I plan to Install after I get the DVD downloaded and burned on a computer which has an Intel 815 video. I will see if I get any further with the system than you were able to get.

Are you giving mountpoints or sharing /home with the FC5T3 installation?
I have FC4, FC5T2, Development and Windows ME on it presently. I use seperate boot partitions for each installation and do not share any volumes with the other installations. (separate /home. /boot, same swap)

If you are sharing common mountpoints with FC3, what happens if you do not try to share mountpoints between installations?

Jim