Custom patches for a kernel build?

Hi all,

This is probably a fairly simple question, but it's not something I've had to tackle before. I'm playing with home automation, and I'm trying to get the ADUtux driver working - which means I need to compile a kernel module.

I've put up a howto on this at: http://www.crc.id.au/ontrak-adu-218- on-linux/

When I wrote this however, I used the kernel source from a .tar.bz2 file - not using an RPM as source. Is there a way I can rebuild a kernel from source, and still use said patches?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.crc.id.au