Re: Rawhide -- Cannot run amaroK (Bug #178262 -- libGL.so.1: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires)

>  It looks like you'll be running into this SELinux issue when
> you do release these other libraries.  Is this issue one that can be
> resolved through coding changes for libraries?

yes. In fact, I'd call it a hard bug if this triggers. That's a tiny bit
overstated, since there are a few valid cases, but those are rare and
far between. 99.9% of the times it's just a silly thing that needs
fixing.

> Is this an education
> issue for OSS developers?

I think so. Or just maintainers who don't care about security at all.
It's not "just" an SELinux issue. The issue is bigger: anything using
such libraries runs with the various buffer overflow etc protections
disabled. SELinux is just the messenger in no longer allowing such
insecure thing to happen silently.