Re: KDE screensaver

Mike Leahy wrote:

Hello list,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why I'm unable to open the screensaver settings in the KDE desktop...I think I asked this a few weeks ago, but I don't think anyone had an answer at the time, as I had nothing to show from my audit log. At any rate, I tried this again (this hasn't worked at all since that first attempt), and I did find the messages (below) appearing in the audit log when I tried to open the settings dialogue again. If this is an SELinux issue (as Rahul originally suspected), how should I go about resolving it?

So how do I resolve and provide a feedback on a potential SELinux issue or any issue for that matter?. Thats a good question to ask.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing

If its a SELinux related one you might get AVC denied errors in the audit or messages log. Then you set it to permissive and check if the issues goes away. We have a troubleshooting section to understand in depth whats happening at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux. Post to fedora-selinux list if it a SELinux policy issue or to this list otherwise asking if anyone else has seen the problem. Followup with a bug report on http://bugzilla.redhat.com. Post to this list with the bugzilla link just so that people are aware of the common issues and dont post duplicates. If you are problem isnt fixed on a reasonable amount of time followup on this or the fedora-devel list especially if you consider it a major regression or blocker bug for any particular test release. Do it in a way that provides developers enough time to fix the issue and get a release out. Thats the way to go.

--
Rahul