Re: DNS resolving problems

Jason Vas Dias wrote:
 [...]
2. Please quantify the problem - send us the /tmp/tcpdump.dns.log created by:
  # tcpdump -vvv -ttt -nl -s 8192 -i any port domain >/tmp/tcpdump.dns.log 2>&1 &
  # host a.name.that.takes.a.long.time.to.resolve
  # pkill tcpdump
I have the same problem like Stelian, but since I changed my provider recently, I didn't suspect Rawhide. However, when following your steps, I get this:
[root@localhost ~]# host www.union-invest.de
www.union-invest.de has address 193.24.35.212

The IPv4-address is returned without delay, but then it takes several seconds for other requests to timeout. I won't post my tcpdump.dns.log here, since it seems to be very similar to the one already posted by Stelian.

NOTE: previous response to this issue: