Re: Problems with KDE and usb drive automounting

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On 2/14/06, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Recent rawhide prevents HAL from starting up because of the privilege
separation (HAL now runs with dropped privileges and has a helper daemon
to execute scripts). SELinux wasn't updated to reflect this change yet.

I have selinux in permissive mode on the rawhide box i use at home...
so I'd be pretty surprised if this were an selinux issue.

The policy needs to be updated to be in sync with the recent HAL updates. So yes it is a SELinux related issue.

--
Rahul