Re: Yum update cron Jobs

From: Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Yum update cron Jobs
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:58:01 -0500

On 2/10/06, Don Springall <don_springall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is anyone working on improvements to yum so a cron job can be scheduled to > update everything and not fail due to dependency errors ? If so what is the
> time line for this feature ?

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum
has example scripts to automate working around dependence problems to
apply as many updates as possible. These scripts can of course be
cronjob'd.

yum has its own development mailinglist for discussion about the
roadmap of yum development.

-jef
Yes I have seen that script. It is rather silly to be running it when you have over one thousand packages to install. In fact it borders on being a bad joke.