fc-test2 installation question

This may be a bit generic of a question - I hope it's sufficiently on-topic. Here's the situation: I'm trying to install Fedora Core Test 2 (386) on a PII-450 machine that's currently loaded with Debian (stable). I'm using files that I downloaded via torrent, SHA-1 checksummed, then loaded onto CD-Rs. The machine is configured to boot first from the cd-rom drive, but when I reboot with a CD-R in the drive I invariably go right to the Grub (1.5) boot menu. What am I doing wrong?

Thank much.