Logitech USB QuickCam IM support

Some time ago someone asked about support for USB cameras by Logitech. You can go here: http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html and get the lastest driver. It will be named spca5xx-yearmoday.tar.gz. It is easy to build and install. There is one line of code that needs to be commented out to have a clean compile. At line 8351 in spca5xx.c, the line ".owner = THIS_MODULE, " needs to be commented out. The kernel revision test for 2.6.16 does not work for our kernels. Then do a "make install" as root and reboot the system. You then can use CamStream to display the pictures. The only problem I had was that I had to reboot the system to get the camera to be recognized. Maybe this driver should be added to FC5.

Jim