Re: [Fwd: Re: rawhide report: 20060207 changes]

Mike A. Harris wrote:
Every time I post to the fedora lists lately, I am getting an
autoresponder antispam message back from one of the list members:

    eorgan945.sspam@xxxxxxxxxx

This is completely irresponsible behaviour, and bad netiquette.

The way I see it, there are 3 choices:

1) This person immediately disables this antispam confirmation
   bot and apologizes to the mailing list(s), promising to never
   do this again.

or

2) The list administrators kindly remove the person's address
   from the subscription list, transfering it to the permanent
   ban list.  If necessary, blocking the entire domain if the
   problem returns (uol.com.br).

or

3) I for one, will unsubscribe from all of the fedora lists,
   simply to avoid this nonesense.  I get 300 spam per day,
   and certainly don't need someone adding to it foolishly
   on subscription-only mailing lists.

If #2 becomes necessary, and the individual can not be identified,
I suggest blocking uol.com.br at the IP filter level on Red Hat
border routers.

Since posting, I've been informed of the problem at a deeper level,
and of the FAQ on the Fedora Wiki, and the problems involved in
trying to do option #2.  In the mean time, a 4th option presented
itself:

4) Having uol.com.br blacklisted via the MTA by the admin of my
   domain.

It'd be cool if that could be done on the redhat.com domain also.

mgalgoci?

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                      Proud Canadian.