Minor nuiscance with Gnome Terminal when using vino

I have an FC5T2 system, which I access using the Gnome Remote Desktop functionality. If I bring up a Gnome Terminal and click on it while accessing the machine using vino it causes the entire line in the terminal to highlight all the blank characters on a line. This does not happen if you click on the terminal when accessing it from the monitor/keyboard/mouse.

Is there a reason for this, or is it a bug.