Fixed: Re: anaconda: us keyboard map messed up?

Richard Hally wrote:

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

I went to do a test install of today's rawhide (2006-02-06) and
everything went fine until I had to type in the name and numbers for the
NFS location of my local mirror.  The number keys and the / symbol keys
were quite thoroughly messed up, putting in control and above-ascii
chars in the entry fields.
Does anyone else see this problem?

Yes, also on http/ftp install: I think the selection versus the list position was one spot out, so while it looked like you selected the default us english, the other was selected.

This is from an earlier thread ("trying to install rawhide"):

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 02:43 +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:
> > I have been trying to install the current rawhide on a older machine, to
> > test if it works (my current rawhide machine is just an yum updated
> > FC4).
> >
> > But I don't get very far, It boots OK, than i get the language and
> > keyboard selection. I select US keyboard and than my A and Q and my W
> > and Y keys are switched, and probably a lot of other keys too.

> > Ignoring the weird keyboard i select http install, and than get the
> > Message "Running anaconda, The Fedora System Installer - please wait"
> > and pretty much directly after that "install exited abnormally" and
> > there my install adventure is over.

Hmm, can you switch to tty3 and see what the last thing printed there?

> > It anybody actually using/testing the install system, or is it just
> > there for show until the next test release is here ?

We're testing and fixing things as fast as we can -- unfortunately,
we're not perfect yet  :-)   Jeremy

Keyboard fixed in todays boot.iso, but now other problems instead with text install.