PUP and YUMEX broken

This past week (1 Feb or later), I used PUP and it installed a yum update. After that, when I try to retrieve updates, I get a stall with the status bar half way across the window. It sits there for a minute or three, and then bye bye pup or bye bye yumex.

I did a cleanup of meta.. and headers, and still nothing. The yum version is 2.4.1

Any clues as to what you and I would need in order to repair this buglet ?

Leslie Satenstein
Montreal, Quebec Canada