Re: Apple Updates?

John Summerfied wrote:
Pete Graner wrote:

17" that I'm having the following issues with:

Sound modules won't load
Once modules are loaded sound won't work:
Can only get X to run with FBDev not ati or radeon driver
Currently wireless both the BCM and airo drivers are hosed

Airport is not going to work any time soon. Not even with ndiswrapper. If you want working (11g) wireless with Linux, best prospect is probably a wireless card labelled "atheros." d-link and netgear have such, but of course the nice OS X software configuration won't work with those. Probably they won't even work at all on OS X without some work.

The airport extreme (bcm43xx) *does* work has worked in the past. Recently its gone to pot with newer kernels and Network Manager since wpa was added. I can get it to work by forcing the rate to 11Meg with our cisco gear at work at home it works at 54Meg.

Pete

--
Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner@xxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Manager                             Office: 978.392.2476