Re: rawhide report: 20060203 changes (touch errors)

Jonathan Berry wrote:
On 2/4/06, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Killing yum in process during the installation phase will result in no
cleanup after install. Probably packages downloaded to upgrade and were

Actually, it is not yum that I killed, it was gcj-dbtool itself.  It
seems to get run after updating packages that have to do with java, so
it was running and causing yum to hang.  Killing it allows yum to go
on, but obviously doesn't do all that it was supposed to for that
package.

Thanks for clarifying.

not upgraded because of the kill were never installed. Packages before
gcj-dbtool probably only have multiple version entries in the rpmdb and

gcj-dbtool wasn't being upgraded, but rather was being used in one of
the install scriptlets for doing some java stuff.

New territory, I guess finding a better way for updating java related applications needs worked out.

Jim

Jonathan