Re: Latets yum thoroughly hosed?!

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 20:30 -0300, Horst von Brand wrote:
i686, Fedora rawhide up to date (except for neon, rpm*, subversion; blocked
by OOo).

Just updated, now I have yum-2.5.1-3. Running yum just to make sure
everything is now up-to-date gets to more than a minute (!) of CPU time
while checking the local repo data, and OOMs the machine, filling up swap
and making it nearly unresponsive.  Only way out is kill -KILL, AFAICS.

Just too bad I can't find an old yum RPM lying around just now...

Known bug, and it's not caused by yum.

The problem seems to be with sqlite. But if your update run was successful, you might have stuff dependent on it. I guess, when they release a new one, we can manually update it. Then we should be OK.

          HTH.

--
          Bill in Denver