Re: Question regarding openGL support with opensource drivers

Robin Laing wrote:

What ATI card?

It's a PCIe X550 based card, working OK with the stock xorg drivers for everything bar 3D, which in truth I don't particularly need, but I'm interested from a _testing_ point to view ...

I have not touched an ATI card since I purchased a new computer and got rid of the card 20 days later.

I trust you found a suitable card, with suitable drivers for your needs, what did you settle on and what was important for you?

My experience says it will depend on the card and the version of the driver used.

It's not a case of me asking for accelerated 3D support (either from the open source or closed binary drivers) more that I'm asking as a minimum shouldn't I get at software emulated 3D from mesa? As it stands everything from xscreensaver-gl-extras, to kinfocenter that even attempts to check for or use openGL gets refused ...