Re: Broadcom BCM43xx appears in system-config-network as eth1 in FC5T2

Stanton Finley wrote:
On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 20:40 -0500, Pete Graner wrote:
You need to lower the rate:

iwconfig eth1 rate 11M

Works for me...

Pete

--
Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the suggestion Pete, but unless I'm doing something stupid,
(which is not uncommon), no joy. I've tried with and without WEP
encryption, different rates, Managed and Auto, DHCP and fixed IP, but
from the kernel logs it seems to be a problem with associating and
authenticating. I've been combing the threads at
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/bcm43xx-dev/ looking for a clue.
Perhaps a future kernel with a future softmac or dscape stack will fix
this.

Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/

I've had varying degrees of success with different access points. At home I have a Linksys WRT54G and it works with WEP. At work I can't get it to work at all, I beleve we use Cisco APs but I'm not sure. I got it to work at Phildelphia Airport last week, but not at BWI...

I've also noticed that the Network Manager drop down that lists all of the available networks isn't the same between wireless cards.

I have a Cisco 350 PCMCIA card and I'll plug it into the same notebook. When I click on Network Manager I see both wireless cards but the Cisco card has 2 "other" APs that the BCM driver isn't seeing.

Also Network Manger shows zero (0) signal bars on the applet, but when clicking on the applet shows me that the the AP I'm associated to is at 100%...

I'm going to update to the new Network Manager with WPA today and see if any of these "just go away". If not I guss BZ here I come....

Pete

Hmm... still a young driver...
--
Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner@xxxxxxxxxx>