Re: Kernel updates not "taking" [Solved - my mistake]

Claude Jones wrote:
Forgot this was a triple boot, with Windows and FC4 on /hda, and FC5t2 on /hdb
Grub was originally written to the MBR by the FC4 installation. In order to get my new kernels in FC5 to light up, I had to remember to edit the grub.conf in the FC4 installation - it made no difference what was in my FC5t2 grub.conf --- sometimes my aging brain gets ahead of itself...

Thanks for the suggestions to all............

Hmmpf...should have seen it since that is exactly what happened to me once. Alls well that ends well...

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)